Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sugar and spice

Earlier this week, while watching the kids on the swingset, I overheard the
following exchange:

Tyson: Hayes, can you push me?

Isla: Tyson! You don't want ME to push you?

Tyson: No, I want Hayes.

Isla: You like Hayes better than me?

Tyson: I like you both. I just want him to push me.

Isla: But do you like Hayes the most?

Tyson: (dismissive) Yeah.

Isla: (incredulous) WHAT?!

Tyson: (backpedaling) I like Hayes the most AND I like you the most.

Isla: (snarky) That's what I thought.

The way they push each other's buttons is astounding - and does not bode well for my future sanity.  A few months ago, Isla came into the kitchen in tears.  I asked what was wrong, and, with a quivering lip she said, "Tyson told me I am out of the family."

He was TWO.














Oh well, at least - before bed last night - I got this...

Isla: Momma, I am going to love you forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment